Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Introduction

Hello and welcome to my THON blog!

I'm Shawn Annarelli, a third-year journalism major who will report weekly news on Penn State's THON and occasionally write feature stories on children with cancer.

I'm going outside of my comfort zone with this blog. I have run a sports blog before. That and other sports reporting experiences have been rewarding, but I feel I need to switch it up and become more diverse.

I joined THON less than 24 hours ago. I've wanted to be a part of THON since I learned about it during my sophomore year at Penn State Behrend. Time spent in class, in newsrooms and at work always served as a buffer to me having the time to participate in THON.

I'm still doing all of those things, but I realized that if I join THON my greatest accomplishment at Penn State won't be graduating or writing a front page story.

It will be trying to make a difference in a child's life.

4 comments:

  1. Great first post! I'm glad to hear you joined THON and you are totally going to make a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I know about THON this will be a great subject to be blogging about! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it, and your experience being involved with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THON is a great topic. So many don't know what it is. I believe this will really inspire people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this -- and that's great that you're stepping out of your comfort zone and writing about something else! It will be good for you.

    ReplyDelete